So happy you’ve joined me today for day three of the Craftin Desert Divas July release because today’s stamp set is soooo AMAZING and I can’t wait to introduce it to you! It’s called Mermaid Lagoon and as you can guess it has some really fantastic mermaid stamps along with cute sentiments and a few small under the sea theme images!
All the products from the CDD July release will be available for purchase on Tuesday July, 10 at Craftin Desert Divas online shop!
I played once more with my Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers since they are so fresh and vibrant in terms of colors and I just love how watercolor technique matches the ocean theme! On this card I created a circle focal point using CDD Inside Scalloped Circle Dies and transformed it into a shaker window adhering the ocean friends right to the background and filling it with some sequins to create a water bubble effect! Here’s a little tip for you: when you are working on shaker cards or interactive projects, please, assure to use a glue that dries out NON STICKY!!! My ever favorite is Multi Medium Matte from Ranger!
And since many of you asked me about the wavy backgrounds I created featuring Jawsome and Ocean Friends stamp sets (if you missed these projects, you can find them right here), I’ll leave you step by step tutorial:
- I started working on a peace of a Bristol paper with Zig Clean Color Real Brush markers in Peacock Blue, Persian Blue, Turquise Blue and Cobalt Blue colors. I found that not all Bristol papers are the same. I personally prefer Strathmore brand.
- I scribbled some wavy lines putting the darker blue shades towards the bottom and then extended them with a water brush. I used the largest size of the water brush from Pentel.
- Then I repeated the previous step a few times till I was satisfied with the saturation.
- I heat set the paper piece and then flicked a few times some water droplets on top and lift the colors with a paper towel creating a splotchy water effect.
- Finally I mixed a small amount of a white gouache with water and applied more droplets to the background with a regular brush this time, creating more strong and evident water bubbles.
That all for today! Hope you like summer and planning to make a few summer theme cards or maybe scrapbook layouts! If so, please, check Craftin Desert Divas Event Page on Facebook for more inspiration, amazing projects and sneak peeks from the Design Team, freebies and awesome giveaways! As always thanks so much for stopping by!
n.31 Cobalt Blue – n.32 Persian Blue – n.38 Peacock Blue – n.42 Turquoise Green – n. 45 Pale Green – n.50 Yellow – n.52 Bright Yellow – n.72 Beige -n.64 Ochre – n. 71 Flesh Color – n. 21 Light Carmine – n.22 Scarlet Red – n.80 Violet
As a Design Team Member I’m affiliate to Craftin Desert Divas online shop. Where available I use their compensated affiliate links which means if you make a purchase I receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. I really love their products and enjoy using them. All opinions are my own. I truly appreciate your support and will use the money raised to bring you more crafting projects.